Being a partner of the Alliance for Public Health, the All-Ukrainian Network of PLWH 100% Life and other regional networks in the implementation of the Global Fund funded regional HIV project “Sustainability of services for key populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia” (#SoS_project), the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is aimed at the improving the financial sustainability and allocative efficiency of HIV programs in EECA countries.
To contrimude to this objective, EHRA is planning to conduct the analysis of the implementation of the national plans for transition from the Global Fund support for HIV response to national funding in a number of EECA countries. It is expected that based on the results of such analysis of the transition plans implementation the key civil society regional and national level partners working in those selected countries will be able to adjust their advocacy efforts and actions to improve the financial sustainability and allocative efficiency of HIV national programs.
EHRA is looking for a consultant to develop the methodology to analyze the implementation of the national plans for transition from the Global Fund support for HIV response to national funding in EECA countries. Primarily the developed methodology will be applied to analyze the implementation of the transition plans in next 6 EECA countries: Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan and Ukraine.
The developed methodology should allow to analyze at first instance the implementation of those components of the transition plan of a major importance for the affected communities and key populations in countries.
An Oversight group will be established from the representatives of EHRA, ECOM and All-Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV with an aim to support the process of the methodology development, attract external expertise and coordinate the process with key partners.
A consultant is expected to:
- Review the transition plans of at least those 6 EECA countries of a major interest for this project: Belarus, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan and Ukraine. The transition plans to be provided to the consultant by EHRA;
- Develop the Assessment framework (as part of the methodology) which should indicate and justify the components of the transition plans the implementation of which to be analyzed. For that purpose, interviews with key national stakeholders should be conducted (at least two per country). The list of interviewees should be agreed with the Oversight group as well as the interview guide to be developed by the consultant;
- Develop of the specific methodology for the required assessment as well as the relevant instruments\tools allowing to do the required analysis. The developed methodology should allow to compare the results of the analysis done in different countries on the ground of the specific unified parameters.
The consultant is expected to stay in close communication with the EHRA staff members designated to supervise this work including participation in conference calls when required.
Following products should be delivered as a result of the work being done by a consultant under this ToR:
– Methodology to analyze the implementation of the national plans for transition from the Global Fund support for HIV response to national funding in EECA countries;
– Assessment framework (as a part of the methodology) which should indicate and justify the components of the transition plans the implementation of which to be analyzed;
– Instrument(s) required to do such assessment including the instruction for local consultants on how to use them.
- The consultant should provide the Oversight group with the first draft description of the methodology, assessment framework and instruments for the review and comments by 23.11.2019;
- the Oversight group should be provided with the updated pre-final draft description of the methodology including the assessment framework and instruments for the review and comments by 20.12.2019;
- To provide EHRA with the final products by 10.01.2020;
- To review and adjust the developed methodology based on the results of its piloting in one of EECA countries in the second quarter of 2020.
Payment for the work of the consultant under this ToR will be decided based on the results of the tendering process. The work under this ToR for the consultant should not exceed 13 working days altogether (10 days for the development of the methodology including the assessment framework and instruments, and 3 days for review and adjustment of the developed methodology based on the results of its piloting in one of EECA countries). Payment will be done within 10 days after the acceptance by EHRA of the final products per this ToR. The contract with the consultant will be signed for the period from 1 of November 2019 till 30 of June 2020.
Requirements to the consultant
Submitted application will be evaluated by a selection committee at the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association and in consultation with ECOM and All-Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV. To assess the tender applications, the following criteria will be used (maximum amount of points for each criterion):
- Relevant experience in development of the similar kind of methodologies and analytical instruments (links to the examples of relevant documents should be provided in the Letter of Interest); (40 points maximum).
- High level of knowledge on the Global Fund related sustainability and transition processes. The experience of country, regional or global level involvement in such processes, including in development\assesment of national transition plans in particular, is highly appreciated (should be clear from the Letter of Interest); (40 points maximum).
- Excellent written and spoken English and Russian; (20 points maximum).
The maximum possible amount of points is 100. Based on the results of the tendering process EHRA could decide to sub-contract more then one consultant to complete the tasks within this ToR.
How to apply
The candidates are invited to submit their CV, Letter of Interest and state the USD daily rate (including the taxes) in provided by EHRA daily rate confirmation form by e-mail referenced under title “Consultant to develop methodology to analyze transition plans implementation in EECA” to email@example.com by COB 31 of October 2019 24:00 EET.