The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) as part of the three-year multi-country project “Sustainability of Services for Key Populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia” (#SoS_project), implemented by the Alliance of Public Health Charitable Foundation in consortium with the All-Ukrainian Network of People Living with HIV (100% Life), the Central Asian Association of People Living with HIV and the Eurasian Key populations Health Network, regional networks, governmental and non-governmental organizations, and a number of technical partners, announces an open tender for a consultant for legal analysis of interviews collected in Russia to implement Objective 2 of the project – to reduce the most important human rights and gender barriers to accessing HIV prevention and care services.
Gathering data on human rights violations among people who use drugs, their analysis, ensuring follow-up, and reporting to the UN human rights treaty bodies will help remove barriers to access to HIV prevention and care services for people who use drugs in EECA countries. In addition, mentoring and technical assistance to partners from national communities will help build community capacity in collecting data on human rights violations and understanding the follow-up system for its systematic and effective use.
The collection of data on cases of human rights violations against women who use drugs in Russia will serve as the evidence base for advocating for amendments to existing national legislation aimed at respecting and protecting the rights of people who use drugs, and will become the basis for subsequent submission of reports to the UN human rights treaty bodies.
Tasks of the consultant and expected results:
- To get acquainted with the interviews collected by EHRA, to identify the main patterns, trends and types of problems that women who use drugs face.
- To analyze to what extent the identified problems are a consequence of the Russian legislation on drugs, and where there are cases of discrimination and / or abuse by representatives of state and other structures.
- To prepare a descriptive 10-15 pages report.
- The first draft of the report – by December 10, 2019;
- The final report, taking into account comments from EHRA – by December 20, 2019.
The submitted applications will be evaluated by the selection committee of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the bids (the maximum possible number of points is 100):
- The applicant is an employee or permanent consultant of a Russian organization working in the sphere of harm reduction and / or protection of human rights (25 points);
- Legal education (25 points);
- Relevant work experience (references to documents or relevant analytical materials should be provided in the application) (50 points).
Cost of services:
The amount of the contract may not exceed $1,000 (paid upon completion of work and the provision of a final report to EHRA).
How to apply:
Applicants must submit their CV and application (letter of interest) in free form to firstname.lastname@example.org, the subject of the letter is “Consultant RUS”, the deadline for submission is before 24:00 EET November 4, 2019. The CV and application should clearly reflect the competency of the candidate necessary to complete this task, as well as include the proposed number of working days necessary to implement the assignment.
Interested consultants should pay attention to the following conditions:
- EHRA will sign an agreement with the winner of the competitive selection. The contract will define a detailed work plan and payment terms.
- The winner of the competitive selection agrees to provide confirmation of their daily rates before signing the contract.
- EHRA reserves the right (but does not commit itself to obligations) to enter into negotiations with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications or additional information, as well as to agree on the timing of work.
If you have any questions or need clarification regarding this ToR, please contact Maria Plotko at email@example.com no later than October 30, 2019.