Since 2017 Eurasian Harm Reduction Association is being the host of the EECA regional Platform for Communication and Coordination. One of the EHRA responsibilities in its role as EECA Regional Platform is to promote the Global Fund’s Community, Rights and Gender (CRG) Technical Assistance Technical Assistance Program among civil society and communities’ representatives involved into the Global Fund related processes in EECA countries.
To better motivate and support CSOs and CBOs in the region to use the Technical Assistance (TA) available within this Program in 2021, EHRA is planning to sub-contract 4 experts to serve as the sub-regional EECA Regional Platform Focal Points aimed on generating the demand for the Global Fund’s CRG TA.
EHRA is looking for the experts to serve as the EECA Regional Platform Focal Points in the following 2 sub-regions: Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia), and second block – Belarus, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine.
Key tasks to be conducted by the consultants
Each expert selected to become the EECA Platform CRG TA Focal Point is expected to assist the civil society and communities’ representatives in relevant sub-regions in development and submission of at least 3 successful requests for the CRG TA per sub-region in 2021 (1 per quarter on average).
The CRG TA Request to be considered as successful if it is approved by the Global Fund’s CRG Department for TA provision.
In particular, the EECA Platform CRG TA Focal Points are expected to:
- Initiate a dialogue with the civil society and communities’ representatives involved into the Global Fund related processes in each county of the selected sub-region about the opportunities available within the CRG TA Program.
- Provide the civil society and communities’ representatives with all relevant information about the Global Fund CRG TA Program if needed.
- Help the civil society and communities’ representatives to identify their needs for such TA, including identification of the potential problems which may need to be addressed, formulation of the objectives of such CRG TA in the context of the identified problems, as well as identification of the activities needed to be implemented as a part of the TA to address the identified problems and reach the set objectives.
- Help to ensure the coordination of the content of the TA Requests among the key national civil society stakeholders, CCM and Fund Portfolio Manager before its submission.
- Review the content of the draft TA Requests before the submission, help with its finalization if needed.
- Help to follow up with the GF CRG Department on the results of the TA Request consideration.
Online training on the key aspects of the CRG TA Program will be provided for the selected consultants by EHRA at the beginning of March.
Also, the EECA Platform CRG TA Focal Points will be expected to do the mapping of the civil society and community-based organizations being the principal, sub and sub-sub-recipients of the Global Fund HIV and TB grants in all countries of the relevant sub-regions, where the Global Fund programs are implemented. The template Excel form for such mapping will be provided by EHRA.
Deliverables and Time frame
3 CRG TA Requests per each sub-region being developed, submitted with the support of the EECA Platform CRG TA Focal Point and approved for the TA provision by the Global Fund CRG Department in 2021.
Mapping of principal, sub and sub-sub-recipients of the Global Fund HIV and TB grants in the countries of relevant sub-regions conducted.
Cost of services and payment order
Payments will be done for each successful CRG TA request being generated with support of the EECA Platform CRG TA Focal Point – 700 USD per TA request (not more than 3 requests per sub-region altogether in 2021). Of this amount 350 USD will be paid after the fact of the submission of the TA request is confirmed, and other 350 USD will be paid after the request is accepted and approved for TA provision by Global Fund CRG Department. In case the TA request is rejected by Global Fund CRG Department – the second half of the 700 USD will not be paid to the Focal Point.
Also, 300 USD to be paid after the submission of the result of mapping of CSOs and CBOs – PRs, SRs and SSRs of the Global Fund grants in all countries of the relevant sub-region, where the Global Fund programs are implemented.
Payment should be executed for the completed services after receiving invoice and act of service rendered.
The total contract cost for the work of one consultant under this ToR in 2021 should not exceed 2 400 USD (including all taxes).
An evaluation panel will assess the extent to which proposals submitted in response to this announcement meet the evaluation criteria below.
The minimum technical score is 90. Only candidates with a minimum score of 90 points out of a maximum of 100 are considered eligible for the assignment. Consultants with proven work experience in the community organization would be given a priority.
The candidates with the highest technical score that meets the requirement will be invited for negotiation of the agreement.
|Good understanding of the Global Fund CRG TA Program (should be clear from LoI)||25 points|
|Knowledge of, and access to the relevant civil society stakeholders involved into the Global Fund related processes in the countries of the particular sub-region as well as established contacts with the GF Secretariat (regional team and CRG Department in particular) (should be clear from LoI)||25 points|
|Experience of undertaking similar TA related assessments or other relevant work experience (should be clear from CV and LoI)||25 points|
|Proven set of communication and writing skills (should be clear from LoI)||25 points|
- No conflict of interest (should be declared in the Letter of Interest);
- Fluent English and a language most relevant for the sub-region the expert is interested to work with.
How to apply
The individual consultants are invited to submit their CV and the Letter of Interest (LoI) by e-mail referenced under the title “EECA Platform CRG TA Focal Point for [name of the sub-region you are interested to work with]” to email@example.com by COB 21 April 2021 24:00 EET.