The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) as part of the two years project “Peer2Peer: Reinforcing Peer’s Involvement in Outreach Work”, is looking for a Consultant named “Peer to peer educator” to participate in the implementation of tasks of the project on the national level.
“Peer2Peer” aims to reinforce the capacity of outreach CSOs to reduce drug demand, by recovering and upscaling the European heritage on cooperation between peers and professionals, outreach workers, small-scale drug dealers and law enforcement. This project comprises internationally recognized research, social intervention and advocacy institutions from Europe, gathered to increase the project’s impact.
More information about “Peer2Peer” project you can find at https://harmreductioneurasia.org/projects/peer2peer/
Terms of references for Peer educator (Consultant):
- To participate in the need’s assessment focus-group, to discuss the empirical applicability of data produced in the activities of the project;
- To participate in the European Advisory Group for best practices meetings;
- To implement pilot-interventions in Lithuania;
- Support in the organization of the training in Lithuania for the preparation of pilot-intervention;
- To work in the field, contributing to the improvement of services provided to people who use psychoactive substances (PUPS), so they become more accessible and tailored to PUPS needs – in order to reduce drug demand and the risks associated with psychoactive substances use;
- To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of implementation;
- Support in the organization of two face-to-face discussion forums in Lithuania (including policy-makers, decision-makers, law enforcement officials, healthcare professionals and academia experts);
- Support in the organization of national policy dialogue seminar in Lithuania. This seminar will provide the opportunity to present project results to relevant national stakeholders, to define national policies on cooperating practices regarding outreach work with PUPS (taking into account the evidence-based knowledge produced in WP2 and WP3), to discuss future national actions and to promote effective means of exchange between all stakeholders.
- To participate in the policy dialogue meeting, which will be held in the European Parliament (Brussels) at the end of the project.
From 1st December, 2019 to 31st October, 2020
Requirements to Consultant:
The submitted applications will be evaluated by the selection committee of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the bids (the maximum possible number of points is 100):
- Relevant experience (in peer education/consultation) (40 points)
- Knowledge and experience in the field of harm reduction and drug policy (40 points);
- Knowledge of the Lithuanian and English languages (20 points);
Payment for the work of the Consultant will be decided based on the results of the tendering process. The proposed work under this ToR will continue starting from 1st of December 2019 till 31 of October 2020 and will take up to 130 working day approximately.
Payment will be done on monthly basis based on provided detail timesheet and invoice.
EHRA will cover meals compensation, travel, accommodation expenses required to ensure the Consultant participation in a project related event abroad.
How to apply?
Applicants must submit their CV and Letter of Interest in free form to email@example.com, the subject of the letter is “Peer educator”, the deadline for submission is before 24:00 EET on November 10, 2019. CVs and Letter of Interest should clearly reflect the competencies of the candidate required to complete this task and should include filled daily rate form in EUR (EHRA’s template).
Interested Consultants should pay attention to the following conditions:
- EHRA will sign a long-term contract with the Consultant for the period from 1st of December 2019 till 31 of October 2020. The contract will define a detailed work plan and payment terms.
- EHRA reserves the right (but does not commit itself to obligations) to enter into negotiations with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications or additional information.
- EHRA reserves the right to negotiate number of working days related to the each stage of work with the Consultant. Final number of working days can change during implementation by mutual agreement between EHRA and Consultant.
- The Consultant undertakes to calculate and pay all and any taxes applicable under Lithuanian laws and regulations from the fee, if such tax payment obligation arises to him/her.
If you have any questions or need clarification regarding this ToR, please contact Eliza Kurcevič at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 8th, 2019.