|RFP Title||Сonsultancy. Assessment on drug scene changes during Covid-19|
|RFP Closing Date and time:||23:59 EET, 23 February 2022|
|Proposal Submission Address:||email@example.com|
Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is a non-for-profit public membership-based organization uniting harm reduction activists and organisations from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA) with its mission to actively unite and support communities and civil societies to ensure the rights and freedoms, health, and well-being of people who use psychoactive substances in the CEECA region.
Covid-19 pandemic affected not only provision of harm reduction and other health and social services worldwide, but also made an influence on drug scene and drug use patterns changes. Anecdotal data in CEECA region shows that more new psychoactive substances, and/ or substances which were not before accessible there, entered the drug markets. EHRA as a part of the RCF Covid-19 Grant Relief project is looking for a consultant to conduct community-based assessment on drug scene and drug use patterns changes during Covid-19 in CEECA region.
Objectives of the consultancy:
- To develop methodology for the community-based assessment in consultation and agreement with EHRA. The current vision of methodology includes desk research and collection of data through the online questionnaires, however it is not limited to the before mentioned activities.
- To collect data for the report. We expect consultant to collect data from at least 200 people in 28 countries of CEECA region (number of questionnaires per country will be agreed while signing the agreement with selected consultant).
- To process data for the preparation of report.
- To develop a regional report on drug scene and drug use patterns changes during Covid-19 in CEECA region. Report should be written in English or Russian language and not exceed 30 pages.
Only consultants who are fluent and understand both – Russian and English can apply.
Assessment should analyze, but is not limited to the following questions, which will be discussed with a selected consultant during preparatory work:
- What drugs people used before Covid-19 and did their drug of choice changed during pandemic? What is their new drug of choice?
- What was the reason that people switched to other drugs during Covid-19?
- Did the administration route of drugs change?
- Did the method of purchasing of drugs change?
- If there is seen an increase of overdoses during Covid-19?
- How the prices of drugs changed?
- Are people facing any mental health issues during Covid-19? What are the issues and what actions are taken to respond to it?
- Are people facing any challenges in receiving health, social and legal support during Covid-19?
!!! Please, notice that assessment should be conducted online. There is no available budget for consultant to travel to countries. EHRA will support consultant to connect with national partners, however we expect consultant to have at least minimal connection with partners from CEECA region.
- Methodology for the community-based assessment should be prepared and agreed with EHRA by 21st March, 2022.
- Data in 28 countries of CEECA region should be collected by 2nd May, 2022.
- 1st draft of the report should be developed and send to EHRA for a feedback by 23rd May, 2022.
- Final version of the report should be ready by 6th June, 2022.
Submitted applications will be evaluated by the evaluation panel of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association.
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals:
- evaluation of the previous experience (portfolio) via technical criteria – 80% in total evaluation;
- comparison of the costs (best value for money) – 20% in total evaluation.
Cost evaluation is only undertaken for technical submissions that score a minimum 80 points out of a maximum of 100 as a requirement to pass the technical evaluation. A proposal which fails to achieve the minimum technical threshold will not be considered further.
To assess submitted applications, the following technical criteria will be used (80%) (maximum possible number of points is 100):
|Relevant experience in developing methodologies for the researches/ assessments/ studies||30|
|Relevant experience in collecting and analyzing data for the research||40|
|Experience in developing regional reports, and/ or reports, which are comparing few countries||30|
|Maximum possible number of points||100|
Cost proposal (20%): EHRA will allocate same importance to the provided portfolio and recorded experience as to the cost of the services. The cost proposal will be evaluated in terms of best value-for money to EHRA in EUR, price and other factors considered
- Only consultants who are fluent and understand both – Russian and English are eligible to apply.
- This announcement and its attachments shall not be construed as a contract or a commitment of any kind. This request for proposals in no way obligates EHRA to award a contract, nor does it commit EHRA to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals.
How to apply
To be eligible as a EHRA consultant, any organization or individual must comply with the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association Code of Ethics which you can find at the following link: https://harmreductioneurasia.org/ehra-code-of-ethics/
Applicants must submit the following documents:
– Letter of Interest. The CV and application should clearly reflect the competency of the candidate necessary to complete this task, as well as include the proposed number of working days for each stage, daily rate in EUR and timing of their implementation.
Please submit your proposal to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the subject line of your e-mail please indicate the RFP number, title “Consultancy. Assessment on drug scene changes during Covid-19”. Otherwise, the application will not be considered.
Interested consultants should pay attention to the following conditions:
- EHRA will sign an agreement with the winner of the competitive selection. The contract will define a detailed work plan and payment terms.
- EHRA reserves the right (but does not commit itself to obligations) to enter into negotiations with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications or additional information, as well as to agree on the timing of work.
- The winner must confirm his/her daily rate before signing of the agreement.
- Results will be announced by 27th February 2022. Each candidate will be contacted individually.
- Any questions regarding the participation should be sent to email@example.com till 21st February, 2022.
 We expect consultant to involve community representatives into the development of the methodology and participation in the assessment.
 Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.