Small grants on online peer-to-peer services provision
RFP Closing Date and time:
23:59 EET on April 25, 2022
Proposal Submission Address:
Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) would like to inform initiative groups and organizations of the community of people who use psychoactive substances, as well as organizations working in drug policy and harm reduction field in CEECA region, about the possibility of receiving training and financial support for the pilot interventions, related to the provision of online peer-to-peer service provision in CEECA region.
In the last decade we can observe the emergence of global online drug cultures. The increase of online drug markets led to the empowerment of people to share information, personal experiences of drug use in the forums and chats. Discussions in the forums and chats in the darknet channels showed that there is a need for developing alternative ways of communicating and providing harm reduction services and bridging the gaps between professionals and peers. What is more darknet platforms are allowing to reach harder-to-reach populations, such as young people who use drugs (as lots of young people purchase their drugs online). Covid-19 also became a big game changer in initiating provision of harm reduction services online for key affected populations, including people who use psychoactive substances. All this shows that there is a need to build a capacity of those, who are working with people who use psychoactive substances, especially to equip with knowledge peer-to-peer workers, who are usually in better position to make a first contact with people who use drugs.
Currently, EHRA is developing a training manual on online peer-to-peer support for people who use drugs. Based on the developed training manual – trainings for the selected small grantees will be organized by them and led by EHRA. During the trainings – working plans for the pilot interventions, based on the national realities and needs will be developed and organizations will have 2 months to implement it.
The objectives of 3 selected sub-grants are:
1. To organize logistics of 3 days face-to-face national training for up to 20 peer-to-peer workers. Training programme will be prepared and led by EHRA trainer.
2. To develop and implement pilot intervention on online peer-to-peer services for people who use drugs, based on the knowledge and skills, developed during the training.
Thus, EHRA as a part of the International Harm Reduction Consortium project, would like to offer its assistance by organizing a national training and providing a small grant on suggested pilot interventions on online peer-to-peer service provision for 3 organizations, based in three different countries of CEECA region (1 organization per country).
Trainings will be organized in May – mid of June, 2022.
Pilot interventions should be implemented between mid of June – mid of August, 2022.
Russian and English
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS
· Be registered in one of the 29 countries of the Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia region; in case of initiative group it should have a financial agent registered in one of the countries of CEECA;
· Only NGOs, non-for-profit organizations can apply. Initiative groups also can apply, but their financial agent should be NGO or non-for-profit organization.
· Working with peers, having peers in the organization/ initiative group (15-20 peers will need to take part in the training).
· Describe why and how online peer-to-peer service provision is relevant in their country.
· Describe how (if applicable) organization is providing online services/ consultations for key affected populations (especially for people who use drugs).
The total budget for sub-grants is $34 890. 3 groups/organizations with a highest score (out of 100 points) and based in 3 different countries will be selected to receive the funding in the amount of 11 630 USD each for a period up to 3,5 month. The amount includes: organization of national training, management costs, small grant and other costs, which should be specified in the application form.
Submitted applications will be evaluated by the evaluation panel of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association.
Work experience by providing services for people who use drugs
Work experience by involving peer-to-peer workers in the provision of harm reduction services for people who use drugs
Realistic and justified budget
Maximum possible number of points
This announcement and its attachments shall not be construed as a contract or a commitment of any kind. This request for proposals in no way obligates EHRA to award a contract, nor does it commit EHRA to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals.
How to apply
To be eligible as EHRA consultant, any organization or individual must comply with the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association Code of Ethics which you can find at the following link: https://harmreductioneurasia.org/ehra-code-of-ethics/
Applicants must submit the following documents:
– Organizational registration document
– Memorandum of cooperation (in case of working through a financial agent).
Please submit your proposal to the firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the subject line of your e-mail please indicate the RFP number, title “Small grants on online peer-to-peer services provision and name of your organization/ initiative group”. Otherwise, the application will not be considered.
Interested applicants should pay attention to the following conditions:
• EHRA will sign an agreement with 3 winners of the competitive selection. The contracts will define a detailed work plan, budget and payment terms.
• EHRA reserves the right (but does not commit itself to obligations) to enter into negotiations with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications or additional information, as well as to agree on the timing of work.
• Results will be announced by 2nd May 2022. Each applicant will be contacted individually.
• Any questions regarding the participation should be sent to email@example.com till April 22, 2022.