The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) as part of the three-year multi-country project “Sustainability of Services for Key Populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia” (#SoS_project), implemented by the Alliance of Public Health Charitable Foundation in partnership with regional, national and technical partners, announces an open tender for an international legal consultant to develop the report to the 71 Session of the UN Committee Against Torture on Kyrgyzstan to contribute to the implementation of Objective 2 of the project – to reduce the most important human rights and gender barriers to accessing HIV prevention and care services.
Tasks of the consultant and expected results:
- Analyze data related to:
- drug use;
- drug law offences;
- existing services for people who use drugs in prisons and detention facilities in terms of compliance with human rights; denial of services;
- torture and other forms of ill-treatment of people who use drugs in prisons and detention facilities, including the infliction of pain and suffering on drug-dependent people by police to extract evidence.
- Develop a report in English to be ready for submission to the 71 Session of CAT in the Fall 2020.
- The first draft report for further EHRA comments – September 18, 2020;
- The final report, taking into account comments from EHRA – October 2, 2020.
Requirements to Consultant:
The submitted applications will be evaluated by the selection committee of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association. The following criteria will be used to evaluate the bids (the maximum possible number of points is 100):
- Law degree (30 points);
- Relevant work experience, knowledge and experience the field of harm reduction, as well as previous submissions to UN human rights treaty bodies are an advantage (documents or links to analytical materials should be submitted in the application) (40 points);
- Proposed cost of services (20 points);
- Literate written English (10 points).
How to apply
Applicants must submit their CV, estimated cost of services with daily rate and proposed amount of working days and application (letter of interest) in free form to firstname.lastname@example.org, the subject of the letter is “Consultant CATKG”, the deadline for submission is before 24:00 EET on May 15, 2020. The CV and application should meet the requirements to the consultant, clearly reflect the competency of the candidate and number of working days necessary to complete this task.
Interested consultants should pay attention to the following conditions:
- EHRA will sign an agreement with the winner of the competitive selection. The contract will define a detailed work plan and payment terms.
- The winner of the competitive selection agrees to provide confirmation of his/her daily rates before signing the contract.
- EHRA reserves the right (but does not commit itself to obligations) to enter into negotiations with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications or additional information, as well as to agree on the timing of work.
If you have any questions or need clarification regarding this ToR, please contact Maria Plotko at email@example.com no later than May 11, 2020.