The grant made available to the Consortium of five leading regional community networks (RCNC) to develop its capacity in organizing inclusive and participatory approach to formulation of HIV multi-country proposal to be submitted to the Global Fund. This activity also helped to substantially strengthen the content and formatting of the proposal.
- A highly skilled expert with extensive knowledge of the Global Fund processes was hired to develop Monitoring and Evaluation framework and plan for the proposal.
- RCNC initiated an on-line survey for community stakeholders as a part of the Regional Dialogue to ensure meaningful participation of all interested stakeholders in the formulation of the program’s goal, its objectives and key activities, so that the program meets the needs of key population groups in the EECA countries. The survey has resulted in informative responses from 167 diverse civil society and key population representatives. Dialogue’s participants gave a broad range of suggestions and recommendation about objectives and activities of the proposal, that were analyzed and aggregated by consultant and used by RCNC for further improvement of the proposal.
- A two-day face-to-face coordination meeting of RCNC partners took place in Vilnius, April 13–14, 2018, with the aim to finalize the proposal. The main purpose of the meeting was to make a final decision on project architecture and management, finalize budgets and the M&E component, as well as plan the application process. 16 representatives of all 5 partner organizations of the RCNC and M&E expert had in-depth and productive discussions during the meeting and succeeded to finalize the management structure and flows reporting of the project; finalize the budget (program and administrative); finalize activities; finalize project results and milestones; shortlist possible titles of the project.
- Professional editors, who are English / Russian native speakers were hired to ensure that multi-country final proposal text and supportive documents meet the highest standards with flawless language and precise formatting, to edit and finalize the proposal text. It helped to improve style, clarity, sentence structure and format the proposal according to the Global Fund guidelines.
The aim is to develop the capacity of RCNC in the process of planning of joint coordinated advocacy efforts to be included into an application for HIV multi-country proposal for EECA to be submitted to the Global Fund.
The funded activities:
- development of the performance framework and monitoring and evaluation plan;
- RCNC partners coordination meeting on finalization of the proposal, which took place in Vilnius, 13-14 April 2018;
- on-line survey data analysis and interpretation as part of the Regional Dialogue;
- finalization and editing of the proposal text.
Countries of implementation: Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Uzbekistan
Project timeline: March 2018 – May 2018
Overall budget: 13 040 EUR
Project donor: United Nations Population Fund
Project status: completed