The specific outputs for the research:
- 4 country reports on NPS use and harm reduction services (Georgia, Serbia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan)
- 1 regional overview on NPS use;
- 1 peer review journal article;
- 1 conference paper/abstract;
- Application for funding for widening research to other countries of the region, and for a regional stakeholder networking meeting.
The research will be done in partnership with Swansea University School of Law.
The objective of the project is to generate a more accurate picture of the use of new psychoactive substances (NPS) in Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia and Serbia and harm reduction and law enforcement responses to the emerging NPS in countries.
- 2 national reports on the use of NPS in Belarus and Moldova were prepared and published.
- A seminar was held at Swansea University, Wales, under the auspices of the Centre on Criminal Justice and Criminology on the project and its findings.
- Results of the research were presented in the Lisbon Addictions 2019 conference.