Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) (Eurazijos žalos mažinimo asociacija), registered at Gedimino pr. 45-4, Vilnius 01109, Lithuania (actual address Verkių g. 34B-701, Vilnius) announces the convocation of the members general meeting to elect 2 representatives from the community of people who use drugs and regional meetings from the particular regions: Central Europe, Ukraine-Moldova-Belarus, Caucasus, Central Asia.
A list of Steering Committee members subject to rotation in the Regional meetings:
- Dominika Jasekova (Central Europe)
- Ala Iatco (Ukraine-Moldova-Belarus)
- Marina Chokheli (Caucasus)
- Aibar Sultangaziev (Central Asia)
A list of Steering Committee members subject to rotation in the General meeting:
- Alexander Levin (community of PWUD)
- Vitalii Rabinciuc (community of PWUD)
Schedule of elections:
- From 2nd to 29th August 2021 – nomination process (4 weeks). Candidates are submitting their applications to participate in the Steering Committee elections.
- From 6th to 19th September 2021 – online voting to elect Steering Committee members in four above-mentioned regions and from the community of PWUD.
- 20th September 2021 – announcement of the results.
We are inviting all EHRA members from the above-mentioned regions to submit applications to become a member of the Steering Committee until 19th August 2021. Candidates’ applications are filled in online: https://forms.gle/jtZJrm4vkZANjCzU9
The requirements for the candidates are:
- be a member of EHRA;
- demonstrate readiness and ability to work responsibly and actively as a Steering Committee member;
- follow the principles listed in the Association Steering Committee Regulations ;
- in case of the regional representative elections – to reside within a region participating in the current elections;
- in case of representative elections from the community of people who use drugs – to live within Association geographical region and to be an individual who is a former or current person who use drugs and can represent interests of the community of people who use drugs;
- to avoid a potential conflict of interests, candidates cannot be representatives of Association’s donor organizations.
ATTENTION! According EHRA Regulations, a country represented in a particular region may have only one representative in the Steering Committee who is elected in the Regional meeting. Therefore, EHRA members from Czechia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan cannot submit their candidacies, as these countries are already represented at EHRA Steering Committee.
Representatives of the community of people who use drugs represent the Association’s whole geographical area and should be from different countries. So we are inviting all EHRA members, who represent community of PWUD to apply to SC elections, to represent community of PWUD.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate Secretary of the Regional meetings Eliza Kurcevic, on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org