EXPECTED START DATE: ASAP
JOB TYPE: permanent, full time
JOB LOCATION: Vilnius, Lithuania
COMPENSATION: Gross salary is 2150 euro and up depending on qualifications and experience
- Oversee and implement the organization’s communication strategy in accordance to organizational advocacy targets.
- Employ effective communications to support EHRA’s mission delivery and increase the effectiveness of EHRA’s advocacy and technical support.
- Lead the implementation of a comprehensive communication plan to support EHRA’s strategic objectives, program delivery, branding and organizational development.
- Coordinate EHRA’s key messaging/communications products and communications channels (website, listserv, social media etc.).
- Develop and maintain relations with media to ensure EHRA’s presence in media and coverage of key harm reduction and human rights issues.
REQUIREMENT FOR POSITION
- Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or a related field.
- Extend experience of media content development (written article, video product, PR products);
- Experience and skills in organizing regional or national media/public awareness or advocacy campaign through different media.
- Knowledge and understanding of effective and efficient delivering advocacy messages using contemporary media landscape in EECA countries and Eurasia as a region.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including media relations, briefings, meeting facilitation and presentations.
- Working experience in a similar position in international environment.
- English and Russian language speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong personal and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility, adaptability and a commitment to work within an international team.
- Understanding that the effect of all team members working together is larger than the sum of each team member’s individual effect.
- Understanding of the non-profit/NGO world, including reporting, timetables and deadlines working experience within the NGO, especially international, would be a strong asset.
- Demonstrated diplomacy in interpersonal professional set.
- Excellent computer skills, PowerPoint (video production and editing is an asset).
- Tolerance and comfort working with diverse communities (people who use drugs, sex workers, men who have sex with men, etc.).
Interested candidates should provide:
- updated CV outlining specific relevant experience and two references.
- Share link to your portfolio or provide at least three examples of work in journalism, communications or marketing.
- a short cover letter indicating suitability for the position.
Documents should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org until June 30, 2020.
Download full job description HERE
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.