Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is currently in the process of developing its new 5-years strategy 2020-2024 which will highlight a renewed set of ambitious strategic goals. The new strategy requires new approach to Monitoring and Evaluation, which should help us to enhance capacity to become more effective and maximize our impact.
Purpose of the CONSULTANT’S work
To provide support in the development and operationalization of an organizational Monitoring, Evaluation, & Learning (MEL) framework.
- To propose the overall organizational approach to monitoring, evaluation and learning taking into consideration existing operational systems and procedures in organization.
- To propose key impact, and outcome indicators for new EHRA strategy 2020-2024 objectives
- To suggest system of collecting, analysis and using data based on existing M&E practice used in EHRA, international best practices and donor requirements.
Develop user guideline for EHRA staff which will include efficient methods and tools for data collection and analysis of indicator information; practical management of MEL related processes, including clear schedules, responsibilities and interconnections.
- EHRA MEL framework.
- EHRA MEL framework implementation guideline
- Tracking tools, data management and reporting systems
We estimate that this work takes maximum 12 days over two months, to have enough time for reviewing and commenting on drafts.
Experience and skills requirements
To assess submitted applications, the following criteria will be used (the maximum possible amount of points is 100):
- Up to date knowledge of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning best practices, concepts, donors’ requirements and tools (25 points).
- Proven track record of experience in developing monitoring, evaluation and learning frameworks (25 points).
- Excellent written communication skills (10 points).
- Oral, written and spoken fluency in English, Russian is an asset (10 points).
- Understanding of harm reduction, drug policy, HIV response and/or civil society involvement into advocacy and capacity building in social and public health issues (10 points).
- Reasonable cost of services (20 points).
How to apply
To respond this announcement, please read Terms of Reference carefully, submit your CV, Letter of Interest and filled daily rate form (see here: EHRA’s template) by e-mail referenced under title “Consultant for MEL” to email@example.com by 24:00 EET, 27 of September 2019.
Letter of Interest should clearly reflect the competencies of the candidate required to complete this task and include:
- A sample of previous work, relevant to this consultancy.
- An operation plan proposing how the work will be done and how the objectives above will be met (max 4 pages). This will be subject to review and negotiation.
- Details/expertise of your institutional affiliation if applicable.
- An all-inclusive financial proposal for the work, including daily rate in this template (in euro or US dollars).
- Details of two references.