Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is a non-for-profit public membership-based organization since 2017, operating in 29 countries of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA). EHRA mission is to actively unite and support communities and civil societies to ensure the rights and freedoms, health, and well-being of people who use psychoactive substances in the CEECA region. EHRA’s Secretariat is based in Vilnius, Lithuania.
EHRA is going to conduct a series of webinars on human rights and documenting human rights violations for activists, civil society and community organizations from 5 South East Europe countries – Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, The Republic of North Macedonia, Romania, Serbia. 3 webinars will be conducted online on September 16, 23 and 30, 2020. Prior to each webinar participants will be provided with 2-3 educational videos, where 2 experts will discuss certain topics in a dialogue/interview format. Language of videos and webinars is English.
Purpose and objectives
Filming of 6 and production of 7 videos for webinars of 30-40 minutes for educational purposes. The process includes:
- Filming with own crew‘s equipment of 6 two-experts dialogue (one expert is based in Vilnius, other in Toronto (Canada). Vilnius-based expert part should be filmed by the crew in Vilnius, Toronto expert will film his part himself. 7th video will be filmed by experts in Tallinn, Estonia, themselves and provide the crew with filmed material. Video dialogues will last up to 2 hours each.
- Video editing of each of 7 video dialogues up to 30-40 minutes videos according to content, stylistic and visual guidelines provided by EHRA staff, including infographics and minor visual effects.
- Ensuring audio files of edited final video versions are available to EHRA.
- Video teaser/intro production for a series of webinars announcement.
Deliverables and outputs
- Shooting of 6 webinars between August 26 – September 22, 2020.
- Production and editing of 7 video materials September 1-25, 2020.
- Teaser/intro production by September 1, 2020
- Online interview with details of cooperation, requirements for the final product – August 24, 2020.
- Face-to-face meeting to agree on the scene of shooting – August 25, 2020.
- Shooting period (August 26 – September 22, 2020).
- Postproduction period (September 1-25, 2020).
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals:
- evaluation of the previous experience (portfolio) via technical criteria – 80% in total evaluation
- comparison of the costs (best value for money) – 20% in total evaluation.
Cost evaluation is only undertaken for technical submissions that score a minimum 70 points out of a maximum of 100 as a requirement to pass the technical evaluation. A proposal which fails to achieve the minimum technical threshold will not be considered further.
To assess submitted applications, the following technical criteria will be used (80%):
|Experience of indoor shooting reflected in portfolio;||30 points|
|Experience in filming process organization;||30 points|
|Experience in video editing, previous work with captions and graphic elements reflected in portfolio;||30 points|
|A sense of taste and style;||10 points|
Cost proposal (20%):
EHRA will allocate same importance to the provided portfolio and recorded experience as to the cost of the services. The cost proposal will be evaluated in terms of best value-for money to EHRA in EUR, price and other factors considered.
This announcement and its attachments shall not be construed as a contract or a commitment of any kind. This request for proposals in no way obligates EHRA to award a contract, nor does it commit EHRA to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals.
Terms of payment and other conditions same as a final timeline will be indicated in the agreement which EHRA will sign with the winner.
How to apply
To respond to this TOR, please send letter of interest with prices in EUR (shooting and video editing per video gross) and submit your portfolio by e-mail referenced under title “Video crew” to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24:00 EET, August 23, 2020.