The Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) as a part of the three years project of the International Harm Reduction Consortium “We Will Not End AIDS Without Harm Reduction” is looking for a consultant to collect and update information on „Criminalization costs“ in 27 countries in CEECA region.
Tasks of the consultant and expected results:
· To identify list of national focal points in 27 countries, who will support consultant in finding data needed for the update of the „Criminalization costs“.
· To do a desk review in international and national reports and interviews to receive needed data in each country (with references) on the following indicators:
I. The costs of incarceration:
1. Number of prisoners
2. Number of prisoners for drug law offences
3. Average sentence for drug law offences
4. HIV prevalence in prisons
5. OST in prisons (YES/NO)
6. ART in prisons (YES/NO)
7. NSP in prisons (YES/NO)
8. The costs of incarceration (per prisoner/ per year)
II. The costs of health and social services:
1. Number of PWID in the country
2. HIV prevalence among PWID
3. NSP price (per client/ per year)
4. OST price (per client/ per year)
5. Unemployment benefit (minimum) (per year or per month)
· To write short summaries about each country, based on the collected data and prepare it for EHRA website. Example of the summary can be seen here.
All tasks should be completed in the period from 8th March till 30th May, 2021.
The submitted applications will be evaluated by the selection committee of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals:
· evaluation of the previous experience (portfolio) via technical criteria – 80% in total evaluation
· comparison of the costs (best value for money) – 20% in total evaluation.
Cost evaluation is only undertaken for technical submissions that score a minimum 70 points out of a maximum of 100 as a requirement to pass the technical evaluation. A proposal which fails to achieve the minimum technical threshold will not be considered further.
To assess submitted applications, the following technical criteria will be used (80%):
· Experience in carrying out desk researches (data collection) in the harm reduction and drug policy field, develepment of technical reports and documentation on drug use issues (40 points)
· Wide range of contacts on regional level to identify list of national focal points to collect information (40 points)
· Literate written English and/or Russian (20 points)
Cost proposal (20%):
EHRA will allocate same importance to the provided portfolio and recorded experience as to the cost of the services. The cost proposal will be evaluated in terms of best value-for money to EHRA in EUR, price and other factors considered.
This announcement and its attachments shall not be construed as a contract or a commitment of any kind. This request for proposals in no way obligates EHRA to award a contract, nor does it commit EHRA to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals.
Terms of payment and other conditions same as a final timeline will be indicated in the agreement which EHRA will sign with the winner.
How to apply
The candidates are invited to submit their:
· Letter of interest with the suggested consultancy fee for all work and
· Suggested national focal points list
by e-mail referenced under title “Criminalization costs consultant” to Eliza Kurcevic at email@example.com by 23rd February 2021, 24:00 EET.
Results will be announced by 1st March 2021. Each candidate will be contacted individually.
Any questions regarding the participation should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
 Countries: Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Tajikistan, Ukraine.