REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
EHRA is looking for a consultant to develop training manual on online peer work and harm reduction services, and leading national trainings
|RFP Title||Сonsultancy. Training manual development|
|RFP Closing Date and time :||23:59 EET on February 2, 2022|
|Proposal Submission Address:||email@example.com|
Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is a non-for-profit public membership-based organization uniting harm reduction activists and organisations from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA) with its mission to actively unite and support communities and civil societies to ensure the rights and freedoms, health, and well-being of people who use psychoactive substances in the CEECA region.
EHRA as a part of the RCF Covid-19 Grant Relief project is looking for a consultant to develop a training manual on online peer work and harm reduction services, and leading national trainings. There are loads of resources developed for the experts and specialists on how to provide online outreach and harm reduction services, however there is a need for a manual for peer workers on how to provide online support for people who use drugs and other key affected populations. Some of the already developed resources for specialists and experts are:
- ONLINE CARE: Mapping digital and remote medical and social services for key populations in relation to HIV in the region of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Best practices in the provision of digital and remote medical and social HIV services for key populations in the region of Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia.
- Interactive Online Training Course on Digital Services for Key Populations.
- The results of the stakeholder meeting “How to make effective and efficient online and remote HIV prevention, treatment and care services for key populations”.
- Recommendations «Web – outreach for people who use drugs».
Objectives of the consultancy:
- To prepare an outline for the manual in agreement with EHRA and Youth RISE, as partners of the Consortium.
- To develop a training resource (manual) on provision of online peer work and harm reduction services and support national and regional capacity building. Manual should be written in English or Russian language and not exceed 50 pages. The preliminary topics, which should be included in the training manual:
- Basic definitions
- Short overview on online peer work/education
- How can peers provide harm reduction services online?
- How to provide peer education online?
- How to provide mental health support online?
- How can peers build trust online?
- How to refer people to the specialists?
- In which platforms to communicate with clients?
- How to ensure safety online?
* Topics should be supported by already existing best practices from all the world.
- Based on the developed manual, to lead 3 national trainings for EHRA national partners (small grantees).
- To support national/ regional partners (if needed) with advice, while implementing small grant and piloting activities.
- Outline for the manual should be prepared and agreed with EHRA and Youth RISE by 14th February, 2022.
- Manual should be developed by 20th March, 2022.
- National trainings should be organized by the end mid of June, 2022.
- Ongoing online support should be provided to national partners by the end of implementation of small grants.
Submitted applications will be evaluated by the evaluation panel of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association.
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals:
- evaluation of the previous experience (portfolio) via technical criteria – 80% in total evaluation;
- comparison of the costs (best value for money) – 20% in total evaluation.
Cost evaluation is only undertaken for technical submissions that score a minimum 80 points out of a maximum of 100 as a requirement to pass the technical evaluation. A proposal which fails to achieve the minimum technical threshold will not be considered further.
To assess submitted applications, the following technical criteria will be used (80%) (maximum possible number of points is 100):
|Relevant experience in online peer work/ education and online harm reduction||40|
|Relevant experience in developing manual and tools for trainings/ seminars||40|
|Experience in leading trainings (as a facilitator/ moderator)||20|
Maximum possible number of points
Cost proposal (20%): EHRA will allocate same importance to the provided portfolio and recorded experience as to the cost of the services. The cost proposal will be evaluated in terms of best value-for money to EHRA in EUR, price and other factors considered
This announcement and its attachments shall not be construed as a contract or a commitment of any kind. This request for proposals in no way obligates EHRA to award a contract, nor does it commit EHRA to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals.
How to apply
To be eligible as a EHRA consultant, any organization or individual must comply with the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association Code of Ethics which you can find at the following link: https://harmreductioneurasia.org/ehra-code-of-ethics/
Applicants must submit the following documents:
– Letter of Interest. The CV and application should clearly reflect the competency of the candidate necessary to complete this task, as well as include the proposed number of working days for each stage, cost and timing of their implementation.
Please submit your proposal to the firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the subject line of your e-mail please indicate the RFP number, title “Training manual development and your name”. Otherwise, the application will not be considered.
Interested consultants should pay attention to the following conditions:
- EHRA will sign an agreement with the winner of the competitive selection. The contract will define a detailed work plan and payment terms.
- EHRA reserves the right (but does not commit itself to obligations) to enter into negotiations with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications or additional information, as well as to agree on the timing of work.
- The winner must confirm his/her daily rate before signing of the agreement.
- Results will be announced by 7th February 2022. Each candidate will be contacted individually.
- Any questions regarding the participation should be sent to email@example.com till January 30, 2022.