REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
We are looking for a consultant to develop a brief guide for managers: how to set up and deliver harm reduction services remotely or online
|RFP Title:||Consultant: Recommendations for setting up online harm reduction services|
|RFP Closing Date and time:||24:00 EET on August 14, 2022|
|Proposal Submission E-mail:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is a non-for-profit public membership-based organization uniting harm reduction activists and organisations from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA) with its mission to actively unite and support communities and civil societies to ensure the rights and freedoms, health, and well-being of people who use psychoactive substances in the CEECA region. This call for proposals is organized within the project “Sustainability of Services for Key Populations in Eastern Europe and Central Asia”.
The Internet is playing an increasingly important role in selling of drugs, as well as in the availability of information about drugs. It’s important that harm reduction services keep up with trends and provide important services remotely or online.
A number of resource materials have now been developed that can be used for setting up online harm reduction services, but community leaders and managers need a concise guide, with all the useful information at one place: how to effectively launch harm reduction services, what changes in service delivery needed, what investments needed.
Aim of the consultancy:
Develop a brief guide with recommendations for community leaders and managers on how to launch new, how to improve existing online or remote harm reduction services.
The guide can be developed in English or Russian.
Objectives of the consultancy:
- Develop and agree with EHRA a manual structure.
- Conduct a literature review of existing information materials on online harm reduction services / online services for key populations
- Develop and agree with EHRA the text of the manual, including recommendations for decision makers and managers. The manual should not exceed 15 pages. In addition, the manual should include an annex with a list of available online resources on this topic in Russian, English and, if possible, other languages that are most commonly used in the CEECA region.
- Prepare and deliver a presentation at a webinar, where the key messages and recommendations of the manual will be discussed.
All tasks are to be completed by 31 October 2022. A detailed plan will be agreed separately once the agreement with the selected consultant has been concluded.
Submitted applications will be evaluated by the evaluation panel of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association.
A two-stage procedure will be utilized in evaluating the proposals:
- evaluation of the previous experience (portfolio) via technical criteria – 80% in total evaluation;
- comparison of the costs (best value for money) – 20% in total evaluation.
Cost evaluation is only undertaken for technical submissions that score a minimum 80 points out of a maximum of 100 as a requirement to pass the technical evaluation. A proposal which fails to achieve the minimum technical threshold will not be considered further.
To assess submitted applications, the following technical criteria will be used (80%) (maximum possible number of points is 100):
|Knowledge and experience of providing online harm reduction / other online services to key populations||40
|Experience of working with key populations||30
|Experience in developing tools, writing manuals, technical reports||30
|Maximum possible number of points||100|
Cost proposal (20%): EHRA will allocate same importance to the provided portfolio and recorded experience as to the cost of the services. The cost proposal will be evaluated in terms of best value-for money to EHRA in EUR, price and other factors considered
This announcement shall not be construed as a contract or a commitment of any kind. This request for proposals in no way obligates EHRA to award a contract, nor does it commit EHRA to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals.
How to apply
To be eligible as a EHRA consultant, any organization or individual must comply with:
- the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association Code of Ethics: https://harmreductioneurasia.org/ehra-code-of-ethics/
- the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association’s position on the Russian military aggression in Ukraine: https://harmreductioneurasia.org/eurasian-harm-reduction-association-condemns-the-russian-war-against-ukraine/
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest
The CV and letter of interest should clearly state the competencies and experience of the candidate required for the task, the daily rate in euros and the number of days required for each of the tasks.
Please submit your proposal to the email@example.com. In the subject line of your e-mail please indicate the RFP number (EHRA-07-28) and your name. Otherwise, the application will not be considered.
Interested consultants should pay attention to the following conditions:
- EHRA will sign an agreement with the winner of the competitive selection. The contract will define a detailed work plan and payment terms.
- EHRA reserves the right (but does not commit itself to obligations) to enter into negotiations with one or more applicants in order to obtain clarifications or additional information, as well as to agree on the timing of work.
- The winner must confirm his/her daily rate before signing of the agreement.
- Results will be announced by August 10, 2022. Each candidate will be contacted individually.
- Any questions regarding this RFP should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org till August 1, 2022.
 Рекомендации «Веб-аутрич для людей, употребляющих наркотики» https://www.unodc.org/res/hiv-aids/new/publications_drugs_html/RecommendOutreachRU.pdf
Помощь онлайн: Картирование цифровых и дистанционных медико-социальных услуг для ключевых групп в связи с ВИЧ в регионе ВЕЦА. https://ecom.ngo/library/online-care_rus
Помощь онлайн: Лучшие практики в предоставлении цифровых и дистанционных медицинских и социальных услуг в связи с ВИЧ https://ecom.ngo/library/online-care_best-practices