With the gradual withdrawal of the main donors from the EECA region and the failure of states to fulfill their obligations to switch to national funding, the issue of survival for NGOs working in the field of harm reduction is particularly acute. In this regard, EHRA is looking for a consultant to collect the best practices of alternative (non-donor and non-state) funding for non-profit organizations.
Consultancy task and expected results
The consultant’s task is to compile a report describing the best practices with step-by-step instructions for their implementation, the necessary documents and financial/human resources, as well as laws and acts regulating this type of activity.
Stages of work and proposed timeline:
- Conduct desk review of the existing mechanisms of alternative sources of funding – April 30
- Conduct interviews with the organizations already implementing them – May 22
- Based on the collected data compile a brochure with best practices (at least 10) – June 14
Requirement to the consultant
Submitted applications will be evaluated by a selection committee at the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association. To assess the tender applications, the following criteria will be used (the maximum possible amount of points is 100):
- Level of education (20 points)
- Relevant work experience (documents or links should be provided in the Letter of Interest) (45 points)
- Good command of English and Russian (20 points)
- Proposed price (15 points)
How to apply
The candidates are invited to submit their CVs and Letter of Interest in free text format by e-mail referenced under title “Consultant AltFin” to email@example.com by 24:00 EET, 12 of April 2019. CVs and Letter of Interest should clearly reflect the competencies of the candidate required to complete this task and include proposed amount of working days, estimated cost of services and filled daily rate form in USD (EHRA’s template).
The following should be noted by interested consultants:
- EHRA will sign a contract with the winner of the competition where detailed workplan and payment conditions will be determined
- The winner of the competition is obliged to provide the confirmation of his daily rates before signing the contract
- EHRA reserves the right (but is not under obligation to do so) to enter into discussion with one or more bidders in order to obtain clarifications or additional details, or negotiate the proposed cost
- EHRA reserves the right to negotiate number of working days related to the each stage of work with the consultant. Final number of working days can change during implementation by mutual agreement between EHRA and consultant
If you have any questions or clarifications in relation to these TORs please feel free to contact Maria Plotko firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 9th April 2019