REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
|RFP Title||External consultancy. Writers of reports and other publications|
|RFP Closing Date and time :||24:00 EET on August 18, 2021|
|Proposal Submission Address:||email@example.com|
Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) is a non-for-profit public membership-based organization uniting harm reduction activists and organisations from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia (CEECA) with its mission to actively unite and support communities and civil societies to ensure the rights and freedoms, health, and well-being of people who use psychoactive substances in the CEECA region.
EHRA produce up to 20 different publications per year, based on collected information or conducted meetings.
Purpose of the consultancy
EHRA is looking for a dynamic and highly skilled individual consultant to write different reports, including analytical ones, situation overviews and other communication materials.
Scope of Services
Under the general supervision of the EHRA staff the consultant will undertake the following activities:
- Create, edit and revise various forms of publications and communication products, including but not limited to meeting reports, situational analysis or information notes, summary regional overviews based on collected data;
- Write additional text for drafted documents, such as the Executive Summary, additional sections or significantly re-write or re-structure drafted sections into polished English/Russian. Write shorter and/or companion communication pieces for heavier, technical reports.
Cost of services and payment order
It is planned to sign 2 years framework contract with 3-5 selected consultants. Detailed scope of work, price and deadlines will be agreed separately for each assignment.
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in Communications, Journalism, Creative Writing, Public Relations, Social Sciences or related disciplines;
- Good understanding of harm reduction and broader public health for people using drugs, HIV response and drug policy. Knowledge of specifics of harm reduction in CEECA region is an asset;
- At least 3 years of proven professional experience in writing and content development for regional or international organizations (application must include examples of various publications listed in the proposed scope of work)
- Excellent organizational skills. An ability to produce high quality outputs, while juggling multiple inputs and meeting a deadline.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and work with diverse people
- Strong research and excellent writing skills in English or Russian.
Evaluation criteria / requirements for candidates:
Submitted applications will be evaluated by the evaluation panel of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association.
An evaluation panel will assess the extent to which proposals submitted in response to this announcement meet the evaluation criteria below.
The minimum technical score is 80. Only candidates with a minimum score of 80 points out of a maximum of 100 are considered eligible for the assignment.
The candidates with the highest technical score that meets the requirement will be invited for negotiation of the agreement
|Experience in writing and quality of the portfolio (must include publications related to public health, harm reduction or drug policy)||60|
|Diversity of portfolio||20|
Maximum possible number of points
This announcement shall not be construed as a contract or a commitment of any kind. This request for proposals in no way obligates EHRA to award a contract, nor does it commit EHRA to pay any cost incurred in the preparation and submission of the proposals.
Terms of payment and other conditions same as a final timeline will be indicated in the agreement which EHRA will sign with the winner.
How to apply
To be eligible as a EHRA consultant, any organization or individual must comply with the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association Code of Ethics which you can find at the following link: https://harmreductioneurasia.org/ehra-code-of-ethics/
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Letter of interest with references to a portfolio of works or/and links to publicly accessible samples of work with indication of the price of the work on each.
- If you haven’t worked with EHRA before – contact details of at least two recent professional referees
Please submit your proposal to the firstname.lastname@example.org .
In the subject line of your e-mail please indicate the RFP number and your name. Otherwise, the application will not be considered.