Dear EHRA members,
Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) (Eurazijos žalos mažinimo asociacija), registered at Gedimino pr. 45-4, Vilnius 01109, Lithuania (actual address Verkių g. 34B-701, Vilnius) announces the convocation of the members regional meetings from the particular regions: Central Europe, Ukraine-Moldova-Belarus, Caucasus, Central Asia and community of people who use drugs.
Please, find a list of all current Steering Committee members.
A list of Steering Committee members subject to rotation in the Regional meetings:
- Iveta Chovancova (Central Europe)
- Leonid Vlasenko (Ukraine-Moldova-Belarus)
- Nino Tsereteli (Caucasus)
- Maram Azizmamadov (Central Asia)
A list of Steering Committee members subject to rotation in the General meeting:
- Alla Asaeva (community of PWUD)
- Viktoria Lintsova (community of PWUD)
Schedule of elections:
- From 27 August, 2018 to 16 September, 2018 – nomination process (3 weeks). Candidates are submitting their applications to become a member of the Steering Committee
- From 17 to 30 September, 2018 – online voting to elect Steering Committee members in four above-mentioned regions and from the community of PWUD
- 1st October, 2018 – announcement of the results.
We are inviting all EHRA members from the above-mentioned regions to submit applications to become a member of the Steering Committee until 16 September 2018.
The requirements for the candidates are:
- be a member of EHRA;
- demonstrate readiness and ability to work responsibly and actively as a Steering Committee member;
- follow the principles listed in the Association Steering Committee Regulations;
- to reside within a region participating in the current elections;
- to avoid a potential conflict of interests, candidates cannot be representatives of Association’s donor organizations.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE CANDIDATES! According to the Regulations of the Steering Committee of EHRA, a country represented in a particular region may have only one representative in the Steering Committee who is elected through regional elections (Regional Meetings). This means, that members from Czech Republic, Ukraine and Kazakhstan can’t apply for the SC elections.
Representatives of the community of people who use drugs represent the Association’s whole geographical area and should be from different countries. So we are inviting all EHRA members, who represent community of PWUD to apply to SC elections, to represent community of PWUD.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate Secretary of the Regional meetings Eliza Kurcevic, on e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org