On 27 of November, Online General Meeting of the Eurasian Harm Reduction Association (EHRA) was closed. EHRA members made their choice for the main issues.
The General Meeting was declared opened on 13 of November via listserv (e-mails) for EHRA members (177 in total at the moment of the General Meeting). During the fortnight, they had possibility to discuss and vote for:
– EHRA Statute;
– EHRA Strategic Framework for 2018-2019;
– Interim Steering Committee and timeline for conducting Steering Committee elections by regions (Regional Meetings);
– Organizational title for registration in Lithuanian bodies – Eurazijos žalos mažinimo asociacija.
No further items were on the agenda.
Quorum needes 50% of members+1, which means that 90 members should participate in the General meeting according the Statute of the Association. 107 participants took part in the online General Meeting of EHRA members. 99 individual and organizational members’ votes are considered eligible for voting in the online General meeting. 8 participants’ votes were not counted as valid, because they didn’t have a right to vote in the EHRA Online General Meeting (not official individual or organizational members of EHRA). Thus, quorum was reached, as 56% of members participated in the General meeting.
As a result, the online General Meeting approved all four announced EHRA strategic issues:
- Statute (Confirmed – 99; Didn’t confirm – 0; Abstained – 0).
- Strategic Framework for 2018-2019 (Confirmed – 98; Didn’t confirm – 0; Abstained – 1).
- Interim Steering Committee and timeline for conducting Steering Committee elections by regions (Confirmed – 91; Didn’t confirm – 1; Abstained – 7).
- Organizational title for registration in Lithuanian bodies – Eurazijos žalos mažinimo asociacija (Confirmed – 99; Didn’t confirm – 0; Abstained – 0).
“On behalf of the EHRA Secretary, I would like to thank each member, who took part in the first online General meeting of EHRA members for the active participation and involvement in the development of the Association processes. I’m very glad, that the first meeting was successful and that more then the half of EHRA members participated in it. There was no any interference in the online voting platform or violations of the voting procedures,” – said Eliza Kurcevic, EHRA Program Officer and Secretary of the General meeting.