Eurasian harm reduction Association (further EHRA) announces a tender for the selection of translators and editors for a long-term cooperation with EHRA.
Based on the results of the tender, EHRA will select several consultants ,with whom EHRA will conclude long-term contracts.
More information about the Association and specifics of the work you can find on our website http://harmreductioneurasia.org
Type and subject of the tender:
As part of its work, EHRA requires quality translations of various types of documents, reports and publications, such as guidelines and methodologies, analytical articles, blogs, and informational texts for the website, reports on the implementation of projects of various partners and donors:
- from Russian to English language,
- from English to Russian language,
- from Lithuanian to English language,
- from English to Lithuanian language.
Also, as part of its work, EHRA requires quality editing and proofreading of various types of documents, reports and publications:
- in English language,
- in Russian language.
As a result of the tender, consultants with the highest amount of points for each of the following category of work will be chosen:
– (TRE) translation from Russian to English language,
– (TER) translation from English to Russian language,
– (TLE) translation from Lithuanian to English language,
– (TEL) translation from English to Lithuanian language,
– (ER) editing texts in Russian language,
– (EE) editing texts in English language.
Requirements to participants of the tender / evaluation criteria:
Essential requirement for the participants of the contest in categories C and D (editors):
– Category (ER) – the Russian language must be native to the candidate (native speaker);
– Category (EE) – the English language must be native to the candidate (native speaker).
General requirements for all categories (TRE, TER, TLE, TEL, ER, EE).
To assess the tender applications, the following criteria will be used (maximum amount of points for each criterion):
|Experience of translation/editing in the fields of public health and human rights:||maximum 30 points|
|Experience of translation/editing in the fields of harm reduction, drug policy, and HIV response||maximum 30 points|
|Education: diploma in linguistics, philology or other related fields; special courses for translators, certifications, etc.:||maximum 30 points|
|Price of translation/editing of a page of text (1800 characters with spaces)||maximum 10 points|
|The maximum possible amount of points||100 points|
Participants must submit:
1. A cover letter in a free format (no more than in 1 pages), which should include:
- information for which category (-ies) of work (TRE, TER, TLE, TEL, ER, EE ) the documents are submitted;
- description of translation/editing experience in the fields of public health, human rights as well as harm reduction, drug policy, and HIV response;
- indication of the cost of services, i.e. translation/editing of a page of text in EURO (1800 characters with spaces);
- Examples of translation/editing work in related fields (minimum 5 texts) in electronic format.
3. CV in a free format;
4. Copies of diplomas and certificates.
ATTENTION! If these documents are not provided in full, such application in not considered for evaluation.
Application deadline – 1 p.m., December 10, 2017, Vilnius local time. Please send your documents to Viktorija Semionova at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon the completion of the tender procedures, EHRA will sign long-term contracts with the selected number of Consultants on a fixed cost of services per unit basis in EURO (page of text, 1800 characters with spaces). Further work will be carried out based on the needs of EHRA and according to the timeline and other conditions, which will be decided upon in each individual case.
The submission of documents for participation in the tender does not impose on EHRA any additional obligation to conclude a contract.